Helping America Build Great Communities | Des Moines
Des Moines is a thriving city and one of the country’s largest hubs for the insurance and financial sectors. The city currently ranks second on Forbes 2012 list of best cities for jobs, and its Gray’s Lake Park was ranked in the top 10 public spaces of 2011 by the American Planning Association. Des Moines is a vibrant, thriving city with a highly trained workforce and great educational opportunities for families.
Besides being a vigorous business community, Des Moines is also a flourishing cultural center for the state of Iowa. The city is home to a beautiful civic center, Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines Art Center, the Temple for Performing Arts, and an active Ballet and Symphony. To find out more about Des Moines real estate opportunities contact Coldwell today!
- The Iowa school system, which boasts an 80 percent high school graduation rate, putting it in the top five states in the nation.
- Iowa’s capital and the hub of government, business, and cultural affairs.
- Metro population of 456,000
- Home to five universities and colleges
- Average commute time of only 19.2 minutes, which is extremely low for a city of its size
- High median household income with an unemployment rate lower than the country as a whole
- Des Moines International Airport
- Traditional Midwestern city
- Conveniently located at a major national crossroads of the 80 and 35
for more information on Des Moines and the homes in our inventory!
Average List Price: $186,310
Average Days on Market: 67
504 listings found. Showing 12 per page.